Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Can someone turn down the heat on the oven???

Last Thursday Alex (the little boy Travis spends with his days with until the 23rd) got super sick. I had to pick Travis up at 10:30am that day.....what do you do with a 4 year old that is in perfect health?!?! Go to the pool for 3 hours-that is what you do. We packed a cooler with our lunch and made the day out of it. Thankfully Evan got me the IPhone for Christmas so I was connected with everything at work while I watched Travis splash around. He had a blast and probably thought it was Saturday!

Friday Alex was still sick so Evan and I split the day. I worked in the AM and Evan in the PM. This worked since Travis had his eye appointment in the afternoon. He got through that fine-his Rx hasn't changed which is good. His vision is 20/20 with his glasses on which is also good. :) They said he will need to wear his glasses until he is 8 or 9 years old. That is apparently when the "connections" in the brain are fully connected/formed. Since lazy eye is just a mis-wiring that should be the trick! He said in about a year or two the connection is fixed but the other years are like a retainer when you've had braces. Made sense to me when it was explained that way. After we got back from the eye doc we headed over to the pool for another 2 hours! Then we headed home to change clothes and it was off to Herndon Live. I already can't remember the band that played but the kids had fun playing and that is what matters!

Saturday Evan was off to Europe again. This time to Amsterdam-yes I know that sounds fishy but it's for work I swear! Travis and I went to the pool in the AM for a few hours and then it was off the our neighbor Sean's 6th birthday party. For those that aren't in the DC area...the past week or so has been ugly here weather wise. Saturday was about 98+ and no breeze to speak of. The kids at this party didn't care since they were playing on a mondo water slide pool thing but the adults were ROASTING! My legs were sweating! Hello? When does that happen-oh yeah-when it's one billion degrees outside! IT was gross. After this party we went home for about 2 minutes for Travis to put on another bathing suit and then we were off to Sam's birthday party! They had splash pools etc for the kids but we were late because of the 1st party and got there just in time for the pinata. The kids had fun with that and then it was time for cake! The funny thing is after cake Travis asked Suzi if he could play inside because he was hot. She said it was OK so we played in their basement for about 30 minutes to cool off. The rest of our evening was getting ready for bed and preparing for the next day ahead!

Sunday was more of the same for us-we spent 4 hours at the pool! 11-3pm we were there! Travis had a blast and made a few new friends at the same time. I also met a couple whose 2 kids go to Discovery Oaks (where Travis will be going in a few weeks) and they LOVE it there! They couldn't stop telling me everything they love! They said all of the classes are basically a grade above so the pre-K is basically a K and so forth. One of their sons is a year older than Travis. After that Mom and Dad came over since I had some HVAC questions for Dad. A few years ago he took some classes and is our family HVAC source-he saved us hundreds once on a repair! :) Basically I need a de-humidifier and a longer tube somewhere to catch some overflow. The issue is the people that lived in our house before us finished every square inch of the basement-so when something in the AC/hot water heater/storage space has a problem...it's all over the carpet in the basement bedroom. Fun! Afterwards we all went to Old Dominion Brewery for dinner-Mandy and Charlie met us there as well. Just an impromptu but a lot of fun! Travis ate all his dinner and stayed in his seat which is always a bonus! Rest of the evening was same old same old!

No comments: