Travis has been enjoying his new school a lot and they are learning through books. This week began the Curious George section which is one of Travis' favorites. I know a lot of schools do this now but I think it's a really neat concept. One of the things is all of the kids will be bringing in items for a "Me Museum" since they are probably curious about each other. Basically they bring in 3-5 things about them and the other kids can ask questions etc. Travis' turn will be next week.
On Friday we all headed to Blacksburg around lunch time. Skippy rode with us as well since he was up here for a concert the night before. Travis was very excited about heading to Blacksburg again. This was an experiment for the remainder of the season......... When we got into town we dropped all of our stuff at Skippy's house and headed downtown for Happy Hour/dinner at the Hokie House. Travis didn't really want to eat since he found the only videogame in the whole place-I think it was called Buck Hunter or something like that. So that kept him entertained for a long time but he did need a lot of adult assistance with it. Then we left and went to the drillfield to just run around. He watched the Corps get yelled at and have to run around-though he didn't want to get too close-lol. At that point Travis wanted ice cream so we went to the Ben and Jerry's in town. He had a hard time deciding what to get but it was all fine in the end. Then we got back to Skippy's and Travis crashed hard!
Saturday morning Evan went to tailgate spot around 7am while Travis and I hung around Skippy's a little. Eventually we got going and went to Kroger for some tailgate shopping. He and I got to lot #8 at around 9am--now this is impressive since the game wasn't until 3:30pm. Tailgating for us was a lot of running around and applying sunscreen since it was bright and sunny and sooooo HOT! Travis had a blast though and was really tired-this worried us a little since the game hadn't even started. He had been asking us if it was time for the game about every hour all day long. Thankfully it was time to go and he started to get really excited when he saw all of the people and the stadium. He started shouting back "Let's Go Hokies" in the mass of people waiting to get into the stadium. We got to our seats and he got soooo into it! Clapping/screaming when the defense was on the field/high fives for scores etc. He watched the whole game! I was in shock since I was assuming the worst and I might get 1 quarter out of him. After the big victory we went back to the tailgate spot and Travis ran around a little more but it was getting late-8ish and it had been a long day. We took him back to Skippy's and gave him a bath and he was asleep about a minute after he laid down.
Sunday we headed back home in the morning and didn't do a whole lot for the rest of the day. I did clean out the fridge a bit since the new one was getting delivered on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment