Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to school night in Pre-K??? We will take it!

Travis had school pictures on Wednesday. This was a challenge since he doesn’t like shirts with collars, buttons or zippers on them. So this means that he has t shirts and more t shirts to wear. I had been prepping him for days saying he needs to wear what I want him too on that day. He kept agreeing with me but…….when it was Wednesday morning….another story all together. He pitched a fit with the collared shirt I slipped over his head. I got tired of fighting and he ended up wearing a very nice t-shirt. I think it was one of the nice ones my parents bought him at the Pumpkin Patch store. We shall see how the pictures come out. I’m hoping for the best but he has a tendency to make a goofy smile face when it’s time to get a picture taken.

Thursday night was Travis’ 1st back to school night! I had no idea this was done for Pre-K but I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised since this school seems to be leaps and bounds above the last one. We left Travis at Mandy’s house (kids weren’t allowed at BTS night) and Tammy was there-fresh from the airport. I heard they had a great time making/eating dinner and playing cards etc. He was a good boy. We got to school and went to his classroom and had to sit in the little chairs when we got there. This was cute at first but it was soooo hard for my knees to move after being squashed for so long! We both met Mrs. Melendez and she gave everyone a layout of the class, routine etc. She seems like she is going to be very good. Travis really seems to like her! I think he is going to learn a lot this year. He is already learning Spanish, German and sign language! They are going to also learn Italian and French! Wow!

On Friday when we got home there was a package on the front door. IT WAS THE XBOX!!!! Travis was so excited! He gave it a hug and a kiss and told it how much he missed it-it was so cute! He was so excited to get it all hooked back up and start playing the new Batman Lego game! That was pretty much what he did all night…… Later that night Cal and Wendy came over and we christened the new Rockband 2 game…..though we did have to make a new band since it doesn’t seem to let you use your Rockband 1 band etc. It was fun to get back into playing!

Saturday we hung around the house since it was a gray and rainy day. Around 7pm everyone starting showing up for the VT/Nebraska game. Eilynn, Jenni, Glory, Paige, Kristen and Christine came over with their spouses and some of the kids. The kids ran around crazy the whole time but it was really nice for the girls to catch up. We stayed upstairs with most of the kids and the guys went downstairs to try and watch the game in peace. I can’t believe that the kids lasted throughout the whole game! It wasn’t over until around 11 and the kids were still going strong. I was glad the Hokies pulled out a win and had a great time catching up with everyone in the process.

Let’s see…..Sunday we took Evan to the airport since he was going to Vegas for the day. Yes the day. Barry and Paul were there playing poker and Evan had a free flight and a free room so he decided to go for the day. I think it’s a little nutty but he was excited. Travis and I then headed to Mom and Dad’s for a belated bday for Dad. We had a yummy brunch! Then Mandy, Tammy, Sean, Travis and I headed to Ocoquan for the craft fair. Travis really enjoyed looking at all of the wooden cars people had made. Shocker he took home what had to be the largest one……a 7 car –auto carrier! After we got home Travis played for a bit and we stayed for a pizza dinner. Then we headed home since Travis was still tired from the game the night before.

No comments: