Thankfully we took more than a week off for the holiday. The maid showed up at 8am and we had to get the house tidy and us dressed quickly so we could get out of her way. We all headed to “The Fractured Prune” for breakfast. I wanted to see what this place was all about. Basically it’s a donut place where they have all kinds of crazy flavors to choose from and they make them all fresh right then for you. The Carnival flavor was my favorite and Travis liked the Rolo one. It’s kind of expensive but nice for a treat-way better than Dunkin in my opinion. The original plan for the rest of the day was to spend most of the day at the pool but Mother Nature had different ideas. It was a cool day on Friday and the clouds just kept rolling in. At one point we even had some rain so instead of going to the pool we spent a good chunk of the day in the basement. Travis played video games and I did a few pages in my scrapbook.
Later in the day we got ready to head over to Traci and Mo’s for their annual 3rd of July block party. I have heard about this infamous party before but this was the 1st time we were invited. :) Mike, Chris, Knut and Andy were the main attraction at the party with their rock band “4 kinds of Meat”. It was kind of funny to see how nervous they all got before it was time for their set to begin……the neighborhood will never be the same-lol. A good time was had by all-Travis ran around like a mad man with Tommy and some of the other kids. When it was light out I had no problem keeping an eye on him but when it got dark it became a challenge. Though when it got darker the sparklers came out and boy were they a hit! The only issue was that Travis thought it was funny to fling them at people…..I had to make a quick stop to that. After the band played their last song it was time for the fireworks! I’m not sure where they got the fireworks but I am sure they weren’t legal. :) It was the best non-professional fireworks display I have ever seen! Travis spent the whole time in awe of the display with his hands on his ears of course. I will post a short video of this in another post as well. After that we let Travis play a little more and finally left around 11pm. Travis fell asleep in the car on the way home of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment