Monday, May 13, 2013

A Pinterest fail and then a pass--lol

You may or may not have seen the "pins" on Pinterest about writing on a plate and baking it to make the ink permanent.  I pinned one awhile ago and finally tried it.  I had a plate from the dollar store and wrote the word "cookies" on it.  I baked it at 150 degrees (the lowest my oven goes btw is 170 degrees--lol) for 30 minutes like the pin told me to do.  Once it cooled I got a little water on it and rubbed at the ink----basically it ALL came off as you can see below.  So......

I went back to Pinterest and looked for other pins about this.  I saw a bunch that said you needed to bake the plate at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  So I wrote the word "test" on it this time on the other side from the other now missing word.  Once it cooled this time I tried the same washing method and it worked!  Now I have a fairly easy and inexpensive gift idea for people!  (I would suggest telling people to hand wash the item though just in case)


The word "cookies" used to be on the left but you can see the higher temp worked since you can clearly see the word "test".  :)

No comments: