Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cheesy Chili Mac---HUGE HIT!

Someone told me about this recipe awhile ago (Tammy maybe?) and I pinned it on Pinterest but I hadn't ever made it........until now.  If you want to follow along with the recipe go HERE.

In the end this is a non packaged version of Hamburger Helper but sooooo much better!  It's also a "one pot" dish so you don't have to dirty a bunch of stuff.  I used ground turkey and use extra sharp cheddar that I shredded myself (I am trying to avoid the packaged cheese because the wood pulp freaks me out!).  The only other substitution......drumroll.......I used GF pasta and no one was the wiser!  Win!

Everyone loved it---Travis at first wasn't going to try it and then he did.......and was hooked.  He ate a whole bowl.  ;)

Next time I will add more chili powder for sure---it could use some spiciness.  :)

No comments: