Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daycare, meds and the Caymans

This week we had to scramble to get daycare for Travis. My parents watched him Monday and Tuesday and Evan’s parents watched him during the day Wednesday through Friday. They were coming up this way anyway for a wedding in New York so it worked out. Travis didn’t seem to mind the change in his schedule since his grandparents love to spoil him rotten…a bunch of new toys, trips to Chuck E Cheese and the Air and Space! What a rough life! :)

I left on Thursday morning for my girls trip to the Cayman Islands. It was Erinn, Suze, Amy, Virginia and I. We had a blast! We stayed in a 2 bed/2 bath condo on the beach that had 2 pools, 2 hottubs and a swim up bar. There was a lot of drinking and laying the sun of course. We had a killer Italian meal on Thursday night-probably the best I have ever had! Friday we went shopping in the AM for souveniers followed by margartitas astarting at 10:30am. We were pretty buzzed when we walked back to go lay/pass out on the beach. Friday night we went to Senor Frogs-this is where we spent a few hours in the Bahamas as well. There was virtually no one there so the staff gave us copious amounts of shots etc for free! We were all a little drunk when we left there and only paid $28 each and that included what we ate! Saturday morning we took a trip to Stingray city on a boat-Amy didn’t make it since she felt too sick/still drunk from the night before. Dexter had a neat boat (in the pics) and it was a nice ride out to the sand bar. When we got there I almost chickened out….the stingrays were HUGE! It was a really great experience but I did scream every time one touched me from behind…..the crocodile hunter was on my mind! I would recommend doing this if you ever get the chance. The rest of the day was spent at the pool, the swim up bar and dinner. We didn’t want to leave on Sunday but we had a blast and that is what counts. :)

On Saturday Evan and Travis went to Katherine’s birthday party at Great Country Farms. Apparently the kids had a blast on the moon bounce, cow train etc. Travis was a good boy-maybe the meds are working? It was day #1 on them so Evan wasn’t sure what to expect. That night Evan and Travis went over to George’s house. The boys played poker while the kids ran around. I heard everyone had fun though and that is what counts!

I got back on Sunday and I am still unpacking-I will get around to uploading pics eventially as well. Sorry for the delayed post as well…..

No comments: