We flew into Chicago this past weekend to help her celebrate. We have gone every year for her birthday for years now. It's great to see everyone and catch up--even if it is a long haul to get there. The "snow" storm that we had on Friday slowed things down at the airport and it took us about 2 hours after getting on the plane to take off--waiting for de-icing at Dulles takes forever! About 5 minutes before taking off Brody calmly says "I get out". Yeah that was popular--oh and those 2 hours waiting were with all electronic devices TURNED OFF! Lord help me......lol. Meanwhile Travis was up in business class getting pampered and watching TV. (a perk of Daddy getting upgraded and giving the seat to him)
 |
| Lucky boy in business class..... |
 |
| Brody back in coach with us......he was allowed to have his paci because of the air pressure/ear thing and he loved every minute of it. (it was a little dry on the plane--look at his hair! lol) |
The flight was uneventful other than it being very delayed. Once we got the rental car (which took forever for some reason) it was around 9pm CST. We still needed to find dinner--Evan and Travis wanted White Castle--shocker--so I started looking up the closest ones to where we were. I got us to the 1st one only to find out it was now a bank--crap. Now I felt like I was in the movie "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle". Then we proclaimed the next one would be the last--thankfully we found it though it wasn't quite where the map said it was. We were off to Indiana full of burgers for them and chicken for me (it's almost a 90 minute drive). Soon after this stop I looked in the back seat to find this:
 |
| This is what happens to kids apparently at 10pm CST--lol. |
Thankfully we got to the hotel without incident and got the kids to bed easily--after waking them up to get out of the car. ;) The next morning we got in the car and headed to Uncle Eldon's for the party! We got there at around 10am and the next pictures tell the story of how we spent our time......
 |
| Brody is borrowing Gavin's train.... |
 |
| Brody and Gavin--Gavin is Evan's cousin's son so I guess that makes him a cousin twice removed? I have never understood that stuff. |
 |
| Uncle Eldon challenged Travis to a game of golf--though I don't recall who won. |
 |
| Brody liked watching Wii Golf just as much as he likes to watch real golf! |
 |
| Lining up his shot |
 |
| Great Grandma Margaret and her cake---it was YUMMY |
 |
| Brody playing some type of game with Aunt Pauline |
 |
| Travis and Carlos playing the Wii---Carlos is Evan's uncle's son---I have no clue what that makes him to us. He's Evan's cousin so we just call him "cousin Carlos". He looks like a young Drew Carey with those glasses. :) |
 |
| Brody fell asleep on the floor at around 8pm CST--he was DONE! :) |
I didn't get any pictures on the trip last year so I tried harder this year. Though I failed to get any pictures of Evan, myself, Jamey, Al, Rob, Aunt Pauline, Uncle Tom or Aunt Claudia. GRRRRR! Oh well.......at least I tried right? ;) We had a great time regardless of my lack of pictures and it was great to see great grandma Margaret for her birthday. Somehow we beat the ice storm home and didn't have any delays on the wait out of Chicago--originally they thought the ice would start at 11am on Sunday and our flight was at 1pm--which made me nervous. ;) All was well in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment