| This picture isn't the best but you can see the inside of the meatloaf. Don't knock it until you have tried it! :) |
Thursday, January 24, 2013
I never thought in a million year that I would say this......
but I loved the meatloaf I made on Tuesday night! Ok I grew up HATING meatloaf and of course it was/is my Dad's favorite dish so we had it a lot when I was a kid. I don't remember if it was a taste issue or a texture issue but I do remember hating it. ;) So I was a little hesitant the other day to try Hungry Girl's Crazy Good Taco Meatloaf. But oh my goodness I am a believer now! The real recipe isn't linked anywhere online but the link above sends you to what is super close to the recipe I had. The only difference is the one in the cookbook adds 1/4 cup egg substitute and 1/4 cup oats. My friend Michelle made it without those ingredients and said it turned out just fine. :) I used turkey that was 85/15 not the 99/1 that the recipe calls for. I think 99/1 is too dry--and Wegmans was out of the 93/7 the day I was getting groceries.....I also used 2% shredded cheese since the fat free stuff is yucky (to me). The original recipe has 3 points + and my changes made it 6 points + and MOST of that was due to the change in the fat content in the turkey. We all loved this meal and it will definitely be made again!!!!
Labels:
hungry girl,
recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment