Friday, June 7, 2013

3rd grade awards.......

I know every school does end of the year awards differently but Travis' school lets the teachers choose awards almost superlative style for the end of the year awards.  Some are academic awards like "best math facts" or "most avid reader" and others are things like "best friend" award and "most generous".  Travis has always gotten an academic related award......and this year was no different.  ;)  After his teacher made some comments about how this person was going to be the next big thing in science and that he will write her name down as his inspiration (and she joked at the class party a few days later he would give her a bunch of money since his mom and dad will be fine and don't need it--lol)---she announced that Travis got the "Scientist of the Year" award!  Man I wish I had known she was talking about him when giving her comments---I gave you the gist but the way she said it made it great.

Receiving his award

Cheese

Up close
After the awards the kids share their portfolios with you.  In these portfolios are things they have written throughout the year.  I got to read through Travis' and his friend Logan's since his parents weren't there.  It was interesting to see another kid's writing.  Travis dislikes writing but everything is spelled right etc.  Logan's......not so much.  ;)  I know Travis is an awesome speller and has always been in the highest word study group and gets 100% of them right without trying but I forget that the average 3rd grader doesn't spell nearly as well as he does all the time......

This was in his portfolio and made me chuckle.......he's very modest.  ;)

Travis and Mrs. Anderson after the awards

No comments: