Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hungry Girl's Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken

People.....this recipe is a WINNER!  It tasted delicious and everyone in the family ate it.  Yes the picky 6 year old ATE IT UP!  As an added bonus it was pretty easy to make and didn't taste like it was supposed to be good for you.  Sometimes these recipes have been tasty but you can tell a lot of the fat etc has been taken out of the recipe.  Not this one!  :)  I will say I made a few tweaks as always.  One was on purpose and the other was on accident.  My tweak that I made on purpose was using 2% milk cheddar cheese instead of fat free.  This was because 1-fat free cheese often tasted awful  2-fat free cheese is a lot more money and 3- I can never seem to find the fat free cheese anyway!  The recipe called for 1/4 cup of cheese so it did add 45 calories to the ENTIRE recipe and 6 grams of fat to the recipe but I think in the grand scheme it's ok.  The other tweak was on accident.  The recipe calls for low fat baked tortilla chips and bran cereal as a coating on the chicken.  I forgot to buy the bran cereal-oops-so I just used a few more baked tortilla chips.  The calorie count on this tweak was pretty much the same.  You can find the recipe I used HERE.

Here is my plate before I ate it ALL!  I served brown rice on the side with a little bit of taco sauce.  The rice btw was the "steamfresh" frozen kind and it was pretty good considering I made it in less than 4 minutes!

No comments: