Monday, February 23, 2009

The great powder incident of 2009


This picture was taken BEFORE this incident...aren't they innocent? ;)

Yesterday Travis and Kelly were playing together. This is a normal occurrence and they were playing very nicely together. After about 2 hours I asked Evan to go and see what they were doing upstairs (mind you they had just gone up there maybe 10 minutes before that). Then I hear Evan yelling..."TRAVIS WHAT DID YOU DO? LOOK AT THIS PLACE"......on and on and on......

I get up there and find Travis and Kelly in the bathroom covered in powder and Travis smelled like deodorant as well. Kelly was quickly taken home by her mom and Travis was placed in his room crying and apologizing the whole way there. Now we aren't sure how to proceed since the powder has been tracked by little feet running back and forth upstairs and the bulk of it is on the bathroom floor. Thankfully I remembered we have the hard floor cleaner and brought that upstairs. It did a good job on the floors thankfully and then it was time to move onto the counter, tub etc. Evan put the powder covered Travis in the bath at some point during this so he could get clean as well. I found lotion had been added to the mix at this point and there was even powder in the automatic cat watering machine.....yikes. All in all it took about 30 minutes to clean up and Travis was punished of course (no TV that night).

Earlier they had been pretending to be "husband and wife" so my guess is they were pretending to get ready for work or something. Who knows. I'm sure it was Travis' idea to start it but we will never know because he won't fess up. I did get some cute pictures and video of them in bed before all of this and Travis reading her a bedtime story. Hopefully my card reader will be happier tonight and let me load the pictures/videos to post here.....

No comments: