On Saturday we had a party at "Pump it Up" in Leesburg. It was a 5th birthday party for a kid from Travis' class. We have been to the "House of Bounce" out in Manassas a few times and liked it but this place was not impressing me...... It's dark and loud. None of the parents were joining in the fun so it was a bunch of adults just standing around since they don't have a lounge type area like they do at the "House of Bounce". I don't know....the kids love places like that but this place wasn't the best (I know there are other locations and we went to another on Sunday-more about that later). It also didn't help that Travis was wild from the moment we got in there because one of his friends from class was there. They were constantly pushing each other etc. Laughing the whole time but I am always over sensitive about it because I don't want him to hurt another kid because he can't "turn it off". I just wish people got to see the Travis I know....the sweet boy who loves to sit quietly and do Legos, watch TV etc. When we walk into a place like that he goes on sensory overload and his ADHD kicks in BIG TIME and he can't calm down. I know I'm being sensitive about it...
After we got home it was off to the airport to drop off Evan. He was heading to Budapest for the week for work. Travis told Evan "do your work at night too so you can come home early...ok Dad?". It was cute.
When we got home Travis and I headed into the basement to play some Xbox. He wanted to play Monster Jam and unlock some of the trucks. I felt very redneck playing this game but I was able to unlock "destroyer" so he and I were happy! I am terrible at the driving games which made this an extra sweet victory!
No comments:
Post a Comment