| My plate--before I devoured it. |
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Hungry Girl's Dreamy Butternut Chicken Foil Pack
This was our dinner last night and I am a definite fan! I love butternut squash but Evan doesn't like it so I never cook with it. I had wanted to try this recipe for awhile but his aversion to the squash had made me push it off. I finally said "what the heck". Evan wasn't too thrilled about it when he saw what it was--I told him he could have one "no thank you bite" like Travis if he wanted to. Once he tried it he actually liked it! He wasn't a fan of the onions and kind of ate around them but the rest of it was a hit! Travis....well not so much. He ate the chicken and complained bitterly about the rest. About 30 minutes later he finished his plate and told me how good it was and wanted to have it again for dinner tonight. lol This was also my first foray into peeling and cubing a butternut squash. Normally Wegmans has it pre-cut in their veggie section- I see it every time I'm there and wouldn't you know the one time I want to buy it---they don't have it. Oh well. The Hungry Girl cookbook thankfully had a "how to tackle the squash" page. It worked like a charm. I served it with a fruit salad and a toasted bagel thin in case you were wondering. Enjoy!
Labels:
hungry girl,
recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment