Thursday, May 14, 2009
All signed up for Kindergarten!
Travis is officially signed up for Kindergarten! He is beyond excited about this! When I was there with the papers they said he had to have a skills assessment the next day or the day after. Kind of a pain with short notice but we dealt with it. I told Travis he had a "Kindergarten quiz" the next day to make sure he was ready etc. What's interesting is that I asked a bunch of people who live in the county but will be sending their kids to different elementary schools for K and Travis' school seems to be the only one that does this assessment. Wierd. It was today and took a grand total of 10 minutes. They took him to a classroom and asked him a bunch of questions. I wasn't there but I assume it was things like the alphabet, his name, his birthday etc. They said he did fine and I filled out the informational form they asked me to fill out. I made sure to put in the "additional comments" that he has been reading level 1 and level 2 books for about 6 months now. Crazy! Next up is the Kindergarten orientation on the 27th-the big deal with that is you get to ride the big yellow school bus!
Labels:
Kindergarten,
reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment