Monday, June 22, 2009

Behind again…….


Last week Evan was in Europe so it was all Travis and me time! For the most part he is on his best behavior when Evan isn’t home. That always makes things a little easier…….

We filled the week with school, work and TKD but that was about it! I’m not sure why I haven’t been able to update this past week but I guess I just forgot. :)

Evan got home on Friday and I went to a scrapbook night at “Scrapbooks Plus”. I was a virgin for this type of thing…..where you go to a store to work on your stuff. They have just a big room in the back with tables and you camp out with your stuff and start working! The best/worst part is you can shop on a tab while you are working! I got a bunch of stuff done and even ran out of pictures! I really need to block out hours of time to work on it more often…….

Saturday Travis had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese for Ben from his pre-k class. Evan was nice to volunteer to take him-no need for both of us to go there if we don’t need to! Apparently Evan told one of the other parents that Chuck E Cheese was the “7th circle of hell” and they agreed—lol. Of course Travis was wild at the party but this is totally normal for him…….thankfully there were a few other kids that were even more wild than he was. I know it’s silly but I like it when I see other more wild kids at a party since then it makes me feel more normal. Hahahaha

We took Travis to my parents house for a sleepover since we were going out on Saturday night. He loves going over there so it’s a win/win. Evan and I had a nice dinner at Maggianno’s and then headed over to Jammin’ Java to see Cal’s band perform. For those who don’t know….Cal is our neighbor-he was in a pretty popular band in the 80s called “4 out of 5 doctors”. They were apparently big in this area and opened up for bands like The Cars and The Clash. They broke up in the early 90s and last year/this year they decided to do some reunion shows. Cal is currently in a few other bands as his hobby which we’ve seen but this was a whole different ballgame. I think the best part was when we were talking about some of the fans there…..they were obsessed with the music, them etc. This was funny since we were saying how to us he’s Cal who we see mow his lawn and plays/sings on RockBand in our basement for free. Some of the people getting his autograph at the end would have loved that! Lol It was a good time and the band played well so it all worked out!

Sunday was a quiet Father’s Day around our house since Evan had to work for a few hours. Otherwise we spent it around the house doing stuff. Early in the day I went over to my parents house to get Travis from the night before. We ended up running errands with Mandy for some baby items-Travis ended up with a fishing pole!?!?! We went to Mexican for dinner which wasn’t great but it’s always nice to get a meal when Travis is behaving. After Travis went to bed I hopped into bed myself to finish reading “Eclipse”. Can’t wait to start the next one tonight!

No comments: