No this is not a different version of "Good Night Moon".....this is the story of an orange balloon....... For Travis' birthday I got a bunch of balloons for around the house, the mailbox, lightpost etc. Some of these balloons said "Happy 5th Birthday" on them. When I got home Travis helped me with the balloons. All was well until I gave him the orange balloon to hold for a second....which he did.....until he let go. Then the crying and sobbing started about the balloon. He wanted us to go and get it. Somehow he decided the astronauts would find his balloon at the Space Station.....
So that was almost 3 weeks ago and every now and then he remembers the balloon and gets all upset. Last night while "trying" to get to bed he starts sobbing-I go in his room to ask what's wrong and he says "Mommy-do you think the space station found my balloon?". It was so sad. He asked if they were open 24 hours and if I could call them now. :( Finally he fell asleep......
So today I am going to Wegman's to try and replace the missing balloon. Hopefully they still have them. I have decided I will tell him it was mailed to my office from the space station I guess. Maybe when he's older I will tell him the real story. It was just so heartbreaking I couldn't go through that again......
No comments:
Post a Comment