Most of you are probably thinking "what in the world is she talking about?" Well if you have kids that go to Lowes Island Elementary you have probably heard of these. Basically they are awarded to kids for doing good deeds--out of their way for other kids in the school. Travis has never gotten one before and was a little bummed about it. So on Friday when he got in the car and I asked him the usually "how was school?" question he practically shouted at me "it was the best day ever!". Um ok....why? And the next thing I knew he was taking off his sweatshirt to show me why.....he had gotten an "awesome pawsome" for helping a friend in class that had dropped all of her stuff out of her desk. Just jumped right up and started to help her without being asked. Did he remember this is why he got it? Nope. I had to ask his teacher. lol So he got this sticker, they post his name on the bulletin board in the hall and apparently they have a group picture taken every month. I don't know if there is anything else that is involved but Travis was VERY proud of himself for finally getting one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment