Saturday, April 28, 2012

I hate the "in between" season

You know what I mean.  The time of the year where one day your kids are in shorts and t-shirts and the next they are wearing long sleeves and pants again.  Yes welcome to spring and fall in the DC area.  You just never know what to expect.  The problem for me is it means a mess in the kids rooms.  Mostly Brody's since almost everything is in his drawers.  All of Travis' shirts are hung up since his pants are now longer and take up way more room in his drawers.  lol  So yesterday I went to put away some clean clothes and was faced with this:

All of Brody's short sleeve shirts and shorts piled on top

Travis' baseball pants piled on top and his shorts spilling out below because he broke the inner shelf and didn't put it back in place

I seem to have a small case of ADD when it comes to organizing.  (shocking I know) So I couldn't just put the clean clothes away and leave it like this.  Nope I had to fix the problem.  The solution in Travis' room was easy....fix the shelf and put the baseball pants away.  lol  Brody's was a little more involved.  I put all of his short sleeve shirts and shorts in one drawer, his pants in another and his long sleeve shirts got banished to the closet for the season.  Ah much better.

All clean!  We really should get rid of the pad--we haven't used it in forever!  lol

Brody's spring/summer drawer

The too big (for now) shorts and pants on the left and the long sleeve shirts on the right

No comments: