Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Apple Pie Oatmeal--Review
This was a crock pot meal which is always a bonus. I made it the other day for dinner--"breakfast for dinner" is popular around here. You can find the recipe linked here. I had never eaten or cooked with steel cut oats before--they look completely different and taste different but they are supposed to be a lot better for you than the regular oats. I made the recipe as it's written but it's not very sweet. Once I added some brown sugar before serving it up the taste was a lot better. I have seen a similar recipe that calls for 1/2 cup of brown sugar---that is basically what I think this recipe needs. Will I make it again? Sure since I have more steel cut oats....BUT I will definitely make it a little less "good for you" and add at least a 1/2 cup of brown sugar to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment