Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Diet Soda Cupcakes--have you tried to make them?
For some reason I decided to try and make these low calorie/low point cupcakes yesterday. The idea is very simple.....one box of cake mix mixed together with one can of diet soda. Bake for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees. That is IT! You don't add water, oil, eggs or anything else the box tells you to do. You are supposed to use light colored diet sodas (like diet 7up) for the lighter colored cake mixes and darker colored sodas for the chocolate flavored cake mixes. I only had Diet Coke and a Funfetti cake mix (aka light colored)---other than the cupcakes having a little darker tint than normal you would never have known. Now for the taste......were they good? UM YES! And they were sooooo moist thanks I guess to the bubbles in the soda. You can put some cool whip on them for frosting if you want or eat them as is like I did. ;) I need to do the math on the calories/points based on how many cupcakes I made but most sites say that 2 points is about right and less than 100 calories. Don't be afraid and try to make them ASAP!
Labels:
recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment