Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Baked Spaghetti Squash and Cheese Review!
I made this early last week and just hadn't gotten around to posting a review about it! Sorry about that...... Anyway you can find the recipe by Skinnytaste linked HERE. This dish wasn't difficult to make but it did take some time prepping all of the ingredients and I seemed to have a lot of dirty dishes in the end. Now personally I loved this dish--Travis wouldn't take more than a bite and Evan originally said he didn't like it but then ended up eating two servings. ;) I did mess up and buy the wrong kind of cheese--the recipe calls for reduced fat cheddar--I got reduced fat Mexican for some reason so there wasn't a huge cheese taste since Mexican cheese tends to be a softer flavor. Next time I will get sharp cheese since that gives the most cheese taste. They are comparing this to a homemade mac and cheese---there are some components that lend themselves to this you still have spaghetti squash under it all. I love spaghetti squash but when I have mac and cheese it isn't with a spaghetti noodle ever so it was hard to convince myself it was mac and cheese since the "noodle" wasn't right. LOL I will definitely make it again (with sharp cheese) and won't care if I am the only one eating it. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment