Saturday, February 12, 2011

Best Picture nominees- Movie 8



Brief plot info on "Inception" from IMDB: In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job to date: Inception.

Ok. I am going to start by saying this movie is VERY confusing to watch. I think it had been on 5 minutes and I was already saying "huh?" The last time I felt this confused watching a movie was when I saw another DiCaprio movie "Shutter Island". The difference is at the end of "Shutter Island" almost everything you were confused about suddenly makes sense. "Inception" not so much. Maybe it's because the theory of entering people's dreams doesn't make much sense to me I don't know. I can't say a whole lot about the movie since it could easily give parts of the plot away. Just know it's very confusing and very long. I think movies should be 1:45 TOPS and this one was 2:28 which is just too long to me. There were parts that could be shortened but I'm not the director. ;) If you have 2 1/2 hours to spare it's a good movie to try and understand!

No comments: