
Brief plot info on "The King's Speech" from IMDB- The story of King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of it.
When I first heard the title of this movie all I could think was "BORING". I am not a fan of period piece movies generally so I didn't think this could be good. Then I read the plot synopsis on IMDB and was intrigued. History-wise the mvie was interesting since I dodn't know much about the family etc. Seeing how they worked on his speech issue was very interesting. One of the funniest moments was when he asked the Duke if he ever swore......the next minute or so just made me laugh. I'm not sure why since you hear those words from time to time but it was funny to me. :) Colin Firth deserves the Oscar if you ask me since it can't be easy to "act" a speech issue like that and have it be believable. The movie is worth watching and historically very interesting.

Brief plot info from "Winter's Bone" from IMDB- An unflinching Ozark Mountain girl hacks through dangerous social terrain as she hunts down her drug-dealing father while trying to keep her family intact.
I had never heard of this movie until it popped up on the Best Picture list. (and yes the title of this movie still makes me laugh) It's full of actors and actresses you have never heard of and may never hear of again. This movie was ok but very hard to watch. It was slow, dark and boring at times. I don't know much about meth users but these people seemed just like poor people from rural MO--not meth addicts. It was kind of hard to beleive the story line. The only parts that seemed really messed up was a scene in a lake and a scene having to do with a squirrel-yikes. I don't think it should be rated "R" but I guess it is since there is occasional drug use. It won Best Picture at Sundance but personally I don't agree. I would have been mad if I had paid $15+ dollars to watch this.
No comments:
Post a Comment