Sunday was such a great day with the weather for once around here. After the crazy winds from Saturday it was a nice change. There was still a little wind on Sunday but we didn't need coats for the 1st time in awhile so it was a good day.
Evan and Travis did a little yard work in the front yard. We have this white birch tree at the bottom of the driveway that was planted there years ago by the previous owners. The stinking tree has crazy roots all over the front yard that are barely below the ground and have killed almost all of the grass in our front yard. At first Evan was going to put down some of the patch stuff to fill in the holes but the next thing I knew he was hacking at the roots with a shovel and a saw. Some of these roots were all the way under the house, through the flower bed etc. It was nuts. Travis had a good time hauling away the sticks in his dump truck-he was a great helper. Eventually Evan got all the roots that were in the yard part and started to lay the patch stuff. If you have ever seen this stuff it's bright aqua....so our front yard is now almost completely aqua-lol. After he was almost finished Evan said "Maybe I should have just gottten sod". Well that is step 2 if the grass from the patch stuff ends up dying.
After Travis went to bed I watched the movie "Twilight" Evan was sweet and got it for me at the Redbox since he thought I would like it. (he saw it on a plane) I haven't read the books though I feel like I should now. The movie was ok.....I mean I definately wanted to know what happened next but technically speaking it isn't that great of a movie. They story is what drags you in...hence why it seems the books are in my future. It's funny since everyone had been talking about Edward the main vampire and how hot he was etc. I didn't find him hot at all....just really creepy. I'm not 100% sure what people see in him. I even looked at pictures of him in regular light etc and I still think....meh. So I will be reading the books and probably seeing the next movie....
No comments:
Post a Comment