Saturday, April 11, 2009

Post 100?!?! and a full Saturday as well!


Saturday started out super early for us since Travis woke up at 6am. The only good thing about him getting up so early on the weekend is that I got a lot done by 8am! I had already done a few loads of laundry, the dishes and gathered 4 large garbage bags full of stuff for Goodwill! I would have rather been lazy in bed but these things have to be done eventually.....

After doing those things around the house we decided it was time to get some lunch and head over to the library. Travis had seen a commercial the other day saying that Burger King had Spongebob Squarepants kid's meals. He really wanted to go so we decided Saturday for lunch would be the perfect time. I hate that the local Burger King has a play area in it though...those places give me the willies. We had to eat in that room (yuck) but thankfully Travis ate his whole meal before wanting to play. After playing for awhile we headed over to the library. Travis has really gotten into reading lately so it's fun to pick out so many great books. Every night I read 3 books to him and then he gets 3 books to read himself. Lately he has been reading his books outloud and knows almost all the words! We picked out a ton of books and even a few DVDs!

When we got home we decided it was time to dye our Easter Eggs! This year I got a Star Wars set and Travis was way excited to use it! There were 3 of those shrinky things so we did that first. Travis thought that was a pretty cool concept and I think he was a little bummed there were only 3 of them. Unfortunately Travis wasn't the most gentle at putting the eggs in the dye....a few cracked. Hopefully I want to eat multi colored egg whites. ;) Eventually they all got colored and eventually they dried enough for him to put some stickers on.

Next up....Travis and I headed to the basement to watch "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" that we got from the Redbox. Actually it was a cute movie once you get past the fact the dogs were talking the whole time. Travis really enjoyed it so that is what matters! Any excuse to cuddle on the couch with my little boy and some popcorn! ;)

At this point it finally stopped raining (it had been raining all day long) so we decided to go outside for a bit. Travis made a beeline over to Kelly's and thankfully she was available to play. She was going to eat dinner soon so it wasn't too long she could play but the kids had fun regardless.

Evan made a Mexican lasagne of sorts for dinner and then it Travis to go to bed. He went to bed quickly since he was tired. Once he was asleep I made up his Easter basket for the morning. I had to put it in the basement to be sure the cats didn't get into it before Travis did. Then Evan went in the basement to play his "relaxing" Xbox game and I went upstairs to watch some Tv.

No comments: