Friday, April 15, 2011

Charity donations.......

At least once a month I log onto www.gooddonor.org and I set up a pick up at my house.  They make it all so easy to get rid of things that others may want.  You know what they say.. "one man's trash is another man's treasure".  They ask you for your address of course, where you will be putting the items, the basic idea of what you are donating (toys, clothes etc) and you get a huge selection of dates to choose from.  They deal with a number of different charities and where your things go depends on what you say you are donating.  I've had 4 pick ups this year and they varied from The National Children's Center to Purple Heart to the Vietnam Veterans of America.  Of course it's tax deductible which is a huge bonus if you ask me.  I bet if you go in your closet right now you could easily find a bag of stuff to donate.  I'm not sure how I always find more stuff...but I do!  Just check out how much stuff I found to donate this time (in the picture above) and I had them pick up about 3 1/2 weeks ago!  Spring cleaning time is here!  :)

No comments: