This was a hit--3 out of 3 of us really liked it! The "surprise" part is that it's really more of a soup than a chili. It didn't bother us any--we all scooped it up! I did add one can of tomatoes towards the end-I thought if it were more "red" the 6 year old would think it was more like regular chili. For some reason I didn't have any celery on hand so I put in extra onion. I also added the entire bag of frozen corn instead of just the one cup. I figured extra veggies wouldn't/couldn't hurt!
I served it with fresh cornbread and thankfully I was able to abstain from eating any of it. Travis and I added some fat free sour cream to ours as well-he likes it to "cool down the spicy" and I like it just because I like sour cream. :) One cup of it was a lot and was under 200 calories. I say "under" since I did add those extra veggies--her total was 175 calories per cup and only 1 gram of fat!
We will certainly make this again.....and the fact that it was a crock pot meal was an added bonus! (picture to come tomorrow when we have it again tomorrow night-ha ha ha)
No comments:
Post a Comment