Friday, April 8, 2011

Hungry Girl's Sloppy Joe Stir-fry Slaw

This was a cinch to make--it took all of maybe 15 minutes from start to finish and it has only 3 ingredients!  What's not to love about that?  So I made this tonight and well 2 out of 3 people loved it.  You can probably guess who wasn't a fan.  I could barely get Travis to try it--ewwww it has veggies on it--he said.  I tried to tell him they are all veggies he likes and you can't really taste them.  Nope it didn't work.  He just ate the turkey meat out of his sandwich and called it a night.  ;)  This can be eaten as- is or on a light hamburger bun like we did.  We had the "whitewheat" ones this evening-they are 100 calories and have 4 grams of fiber in them.  The serving size is 1 cup and it made a HUGE sandwich.  Mine was overflowing all over my plate--just make sure you have a fork handy.  I will definitely make this again and the next time I will make Travis' without the "veggies" in it-lol.  Here is the recipe:

Sloppy Joe Stir-Fry Slaw

 
 PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 cup): 140 calories, 4g fat, 455mg sodium, 13g carbs, 3g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 13.5g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3*





Ingredients:
8 oz. raw lean ground turkey
One 12-oz. bag (about 4 cups) dry broccoli cole slaw
1 cup Hunt's Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce

Directions:Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add turkey and use a spatula to break it up. Cook and crumble until browned and fully cooked, about 8 minutes.

Add slaw and sauce to the skillet and stir to mix. Continue to cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is hot and slaw has softened.

Serve and enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

No comments: