Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hungry Girl's Breakfast for Dinner Skillet

I made this for dinner last night and it was good!  Both Evan and Travis agreed that it was good which is a bonus in my book.  You couldn't tell it was made with "fake eggs" though Travis wasn't impressed when I said that.  He was very mad for some reason and I said "well you couldn't tell-could you?".  Of course his answer was "no".  The basic ingredients are chicken breast cut into bite size pieces, egg beaters, scallions, onion, crumbled bacon and garlic.  I left out the mushrooms since none of us (especially me) are fans of mushrooms.  The recipe also called for fat free cheddar cheese to be melted on top and this got left out for 2 reasons:  1.  fat free cheese is generally yucky so it would have been reduced fat if anything and 2.  Evan and Travis aren't really fans of cheese in their eggs.  :)

I served it with the leftover bacon from the package which my 2 carnivores quickly took care of and waffles with everyone including Brody had except for me.  I meant to serve a fresh fruit salad for people (me) to have on the side and I forgot.  ;)  The meal was under 300 calories but I'm not sure on the exact number since I left out the mushrooms and cheese.  This would be great for breakfast, lunch or dinner if you ask me.  Another great recipe!

No comments: