Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hungry Girl's Ten Alarm Southwestern Corn Chowder

I am going to start by saying I made this maybe a one alarm soup hoping that Travis would eat it.  I added some red cayenne pepper instead of the peppers in adobo like it calls for.  Of course my plan backfired since he wouldn't even touch it.  Next time I will put the peppers in--I've been told it's very hot when you make it like they say to--hence the ten alarms--lol.  Overall this was very good.  It was a crock pot meal so it was ready and waiting when tball was done at 7:15pm.  Evan really liked it-2 bowls full is usually a good indicator.  The only thing I would gripe about is I didn't think it worked too well as leftovers.  I had it for lunch again today and the taste was great but the texture was all funky because of the instant mashed potato flakes.  So know that going in and either deal with the odd texture like I did or just cut the recipe to make the amount you need that night.  Happy eating!

The finished product.  It was yummy and I added some cilantro as they suggested.

No comments: