Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hungry Girl's Sweet Apple & Chicken Stir-Fry

Tonight's meal got a round of applause from everyone--even Travis who is once again a very picky eater.  Granted I pre-picked the onions out before I served it to him and gave him his sweet and sour sauce "to go with it" but I think any meal where we are all eating the same thing is a winner.  I served it with some jasmine rice (my all time favorite) and Evan spiced his up with some siracha sauce.  This was super easy to make and took about 10 minutes to prep and maybe 10-15 to cook.  I think it needed a little more balsamic vinegar so I jotted that note down in my cookbook.  :)  The serving size was huge (almost 2 cups) and I really liked it with the rice.  My entire meal including the rice was 445 calories and only 2 grams of fat!  I was stuffed afterwards!  This will definitely get made again--with the extra balsamic vinegar and maybe a granny smith apple next time for some added color.

I don't see this recipe anywhere online (not even on Hungry Girl's site) so no posting here either.  Sorry!

No comments: