That is how I can accurately describe the 4 hours in between picking up Travis at school and 7pm last night. It was crazy. I felt like I was on one of these and just never got off of it to take a break:
Here is a breakdown of the craziness that was yesterday......2:45pm-Brody and I wait in line to pick Travis up from school. Around 3pm Travis gets into the car and starts to tell me about his day (the non stop chatter is something else that didn't stop the whole 4 hours-lol).
At 3:20pm we arrive at the Ashburn Ice House for the public skating session. 3:40pm I wrangle Brody into his stroller while I also wrangle Travis into all of his gear--hockey skates, shin guards, elbow pads, snow pants, coat, helmet and hockey gloves. WHEW! At about this time my parents got there and it was time for me to get on skates so I can be out there with Travis. A little over an hour later it was time to reverse the getting dressed process and get out of there. We were in the car at 5:07pm--yikes we needed to be back by our house for t-ball by 5:30pm (which included getting dressed again-lol).
I think we arrived at the field at about 5:28pm and somehow got Travis dressed for practice and off to the field. It was COLD here yesterday-I ended up shagging balls for about the 1st 30 minutes of practice since there weren't that many people helping him. At 6pm I checked on Brody who was toasty warm in my parents car with my parents watching "The Wonder Pets". (they have Direct TV in their car-so cool) My dad popped out to go watch Travis on the field and we entertained Brody in the car. Thankfully practice ended at 6:30pm and my parents left and I got the boys in the car.
It was at this point Travis pointed out "Mom you promised me a Happy Meal!". Oh crap I did mention that at the Ice House but that was when I thought I had time to do that BEFORE t-ball. Off to the drive through we went.....I ordered Travis and Brody happy meals (boy toys of course--when I don't specify we get Barbie or something and Travis goes crazy) and Evan a chicken sandwich meal. The whole drive home the car smells like french fry and hamburger heaven....I cut out red meat a long time ago but man that hamburger smelled GOOD. I spent the time in the car wishing I had a hamburger and passing fries back to Brody since at this point he was about 45+ minutes past his normal dinner time. We pulled into the driveway at 6:50pm and I was DONE! Now I know why stay-at-home moms drink during the daytime--lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment